In the weeks since the COVID-19 pandemic began, Dr. Herrin has been working tirelessly to research and develop a reopening protocol aligned with CDC and OSHA guidelines. As always, safety of patients, their families, and staff are of upmost importance and remain our top priority. Please know that reopening has been a very thoughtful, labor intensive process— nothing has been taken lightly and many new protocols are in place for safety. Beginning May 4th, the office reopened at a limited capacity. We have created a new norm of operation based on the current COVID-19 climate that is detailed extensively below. All patients canceled during the past months are being called to reschedule in accordance with our new Covid-19 scheduling system. Please be patient with us as appointments are limited and we are learning this new norm too.
As always, THANK YOU for entrusting us with your amazing children. We love and value each one of you— we’ve said it many times— we truly have the BEST patients and families.
Please find below the specific list of precautions implemented at HPD:
- Increased personal protective equipment (PPE) for staff and all safety protocols aligned with current CDC/OSHA Covid-19 recommendations. New standards will be added if announced.
- New scheduling protocol to reduce patients and increase safe social distancing between families. Families will be kept 6 feet apart.
- Limited use of waiting room. Patients call upon arrival to check in and are met upon entering office and taken immediately back to chair.
- New air purification systems to filter air particles have been installed throughout office.
- Open bay modifications- new drywall and plexiglass barriers have been installed to the open bay area to increase division between chairs, increase patient privacy, and decrease patient exposure to others.
- Continued use of in-house water purification system. Please note, this is not a mandatory requirement but something HPD has always elected to use for increased patient safety.
- Payment will be taken at chairs using a touch-less invoice system to further limit contact and reinforce social distancing.
- As always, we will remain extremely vigilant at cleaning, wiping, and sanitizing equipment, chairs, and office in general.